The Arc of the Ozarks New Autism & Neurodevelopmental Center
We provide quality evaluation and treatment services all in one convenient location and offer support to navigate the best options and resources available for children and families in Southwest Missouri.
Therapy and Counseling
Increased Access to Autism Evaluations
Support for Families
Multidisciplinary Team Includes:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Behavior Analysts
- Child Psychiatrists
- Other Medical Professionals
- Autism Resource Specialist
Early Intervention Services:
- Assessment & Diagnostic Services
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Child Psychiatry
- Parent Child Interactive Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Feeding Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
Over the next decade, over 40,000 children in Missouri will be identified as having autism.
The Arc of the Ozarks is well positioned to address the growing need for autism services. With nearly 60 years of experience in developing programs to support children and adults with autism and developmental disabilities, The Arc of the Ozarks has been a pillar of support for individuals and their families by creating solutions.
With the growing prevalence of autism spectrum disorders, The Arc of the Ozarks once again recognizes the urgent need in our community to increase access to comprehensive services and early intervention. In Missouri the current waitlist for a diagnostic evaluation is 1 to 2 years and treatment services cannot begin without a diagnosis, further delaying a child’s development. The solution? Increase access to care by establishing the Autism and Neurodevelopmental Center.
Early Intervention is Key
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends screening all 18-24 month old children for autism spectrum disorder and other developmental delays.
- Provides immediate support to families in navigating an autism diagnosis.
- Improves the child’s ability to communicate their emotions, reducing frustration.
- Leads to more successful outcomes in a child’s education and social development.
- Leads to more successful outcomes as they become an adult and enter the workforce.